Having kidney stones is bad enough. What’s worse is when you don’t have the money for an expensive treatment. Nevertheless, early detection of kidney stones will allow early treatment by applying simple, yet inexpensive kidney stone home rem Having kidney stones is bad enough.
What’s worse is when you don’t have the money for an expensive treatment. Nevertheless, early detection of kidney stones will allow early treatment by applying simple, yet inexpensive kidney stone home remedies. These kidney stone home remedies are so easy to do because the ingredients and materials are most likely in your house. Besides, most of the remedies listed below will only need your determination and self-discipline to be effective. As you know, kidney stones have a possibility of coming back, and these simple but effective kidney stone home remedies can help in preventing the formation of kidney stones.
Home Remedies For Treating Kidney Stones
• Increase your intake of bran and oats – bran and oats naturally contain a lot of fiber. Fiber helps get rid of excess calcium and other oxalates or the organic acids that come from the food we eat. Oxalates are useful in the case of vitamin C. However, oxalates and other excessive mineral substances have the tendency to merge into spiky crystals.
High fiber foods like bran and oats then can help reduce oxalate levels by binding with these excesses and carrying them out of the body
.• Eat whole wheat bread as a source of magnesium – whole wheat loaves of bread are very practical. Eating whole wheat bread is a fun way of preventing or treating kidney stones since you will also enjoy its taste. Whole wheat loaves of bread can help in the reduction of kidney stones because it’s a good source of magnesium, a mineral that helps prevent kidney stones from coming back.
• Reduce intake of salt – since salt can form crystals while inside the kidney it is best to avoid it. It is advised that your intake should not exceed more than 2 grams a day.
• Nettle leaf tea – Nettle leaf tea contains substances that can act as natural diuretics. It means that the tea from the nettle plant can help in aiding the increased urine output of an individual. Constant urination can help prevent the stones from forming in the kidney as it flushes away any bacteria that might be present in the urinary tract.
• Consume More Carrots – carrots contain a lot of vitamin A and vitamin A is good for the kidney. A healthy kidney can work longer and be much more efficient than an abused one.
• Chicken – whoever said that chicken soup can cure anything including kidney stones is a genius. Studies show that chicken meat contains B6, which is very well known for preventing kidney stones.
• Milk – milk contains calcium and calcium can be a candidate for kidney stone formation. Although contradicting, studies show that if the human body receives less calcium, it works overtime and produces more oxalate. Therefore, to ensure the body meets its calcium needs, it is best to take milk but only its recommended daily allowance.
These are only some of the remedies that you can easily follow. Just remember that prevention is still better than costly medications. Instead of spending so much money on expensive treatments, it is better to avoid having kidney stone problems by observing these kidney stone home remedies.